Monday, January 9, 2012

christmas must be something more


























it's funny how busy you become and how much you forget about what really matters at this time of year. between finals, buying presents, wrapping presents, seeing all my friends from high school, saying bye to other friends, working, and all the other things that come with christmas i tried to find time to do some good.  some of the best things that i did this christmas were nothing huge or extravagant.  i didn't buy anyone a huge gift or didn't change anyones life but i did try to do something good this christmas season. I wrote notes to some of the people who have changed my life and I had never gotten the chance to say thanks. i smiled at a women and her daughter on the side of the road.. while this seems like nothing she seemed very pleased, but more than that- it brightened my day. went to a midnight church service and remembered the true meaning of christmas and I spent time with my family.  these are just a few things that made my christmas time special. i'm glad i challenged myself to get into the christmas spirit this year.. i definitely fell short- goes to show how busy life can get- but regardless of how crazy it is we need to make an effort to love, laugh and serve. thats what christmas is truly about. lets keep the christmas spirit throughout the year. 
xoxo     

No comments:

Post a Comment